Forsyths Community News
Published November 26, 2019
Communities digging deep in dry times
Its dry times – but we’re seeing clients who are resilient, who care about their communities and are working to build and protecting our regional lifestyle.
Forsyths has enjoyed being proud supporters of local events in recent months.
The New England North West is a strong economic community that has weathered these times before … and we’ll continue to do so.
Blackville Community Markets were held in October at Blackville Public School.
Forsyths is an ongoing sponsor for this event, and we’re delighted that this year brought another beautiful day in the heart of the Liverpool Plains.
The market featured market stalls, artwork, gourmet foods and local produce.
Some of our team enjoyed catching up with clients, the music and outdoors.
The Forsyths Foundation
The Forsyths Foundation has provided $10,000 to local charities and community groups in our region this year. The Forsyths Foundation is made possible by the kindness of our team.
Our employees commit a percentage of their pay every fortnight to help community projects in the New England North West. Our Principals match these funds resulting in approximately $10,000 every year directed to our communities.
This year our team are proud to support:
- Inverell – More Than Awareness – mental health education
- Armidale – Armidale Women’s’ Shelter and Support Service
- The White Elephant Ball Tamworth – youth mental health education
- The Cancer Council Tamworth – accommodation for remote families receiving cancer treatment in Tamworth.
- Gunnedah – Riding for the Disabled Gunnedah
- Coonabarabran - Coonabarabran Cancer Support Group
Thank you to these groups, their volunteers and staff who make our communities kinder, more supported and more connected.