Did you know you may be eligible for a refund of up to $3,000 on the Luxury Car Tax?
Published Feb 08, 2018
Cars purchased over a certain threshold can attract a Luxury Car Tax (LCT) of 33%. One of the most popular cars that are subject to the LCT is Toyota’s Landcruiser. Primary Producers may be able to claim up to $3,000 for one eligible car purchased per financial year.
Who is eligible?
- Primary Producers
- You must be registered for GST and have an ABN
- Purchased a four wheel drive or an all-wheel drive which is either:
- a ‘passenger car’ with a ground clearance of at least 175mm or
- an ‘off road passenger vehicle’
- Paid the Luxury Car Tax
How can I claim?
- Download and complete the application form and mail to the Australian Tax Office
- Contact one of our skilled accountants as we will be able to help you determine whether this is something you are eligible for