Did you know you may be eligible for a refund of up to $3,000 on the Luxury Car Tax?
Published Feb 08, 2018
Cars purchased over a certain threshold can attract a Luxury Car Tax (LCT) of 33%. One of the most popular cars that are subject to the LCT is Toyota’s Landcruiser. Primary Producers may be able to claim up to $3,000 for one eligible car purchased per financial year.
Who is eligible?
- Primary Producers
- You must be registered for GST and have an ABN
- Purchased a four wheel drive or an all-wheel drive which is either:
- a ‘passenger car’ with a ground clearance of at least 175mm or
- an ‘off road passenger vehicle’
- Paid the Luxury Car Tax
How can I claim?
- Download and complete the application form and mail to the Australian Tax Office
- Contact one of our skilled accountants as we will be able to help you determine whether this is something you are eligible for
This document has been prepared for general information only and is not intended as personal advice. Any statements of law or proposals are based on Forsyths' interpretation as at the date of issue. Accounting & business services are provided by Forsyths Business Services Pty Ltd ABN 66 182 781 401, liability is limited under a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.