6 facts you didn't know about Xero and us!
Published Feb 09, 2017
Last week Forsyths achieved a massive milestone, reaching the pinnacle of success with Xero accounting software; Platinum Status! This achievement is the result of more than 460 local small and medium sized businesses implementing the pioneering software. Xero is changing the way we think and do business and more than likely, you've already heard of them; however, whilst Xero is one of the biggest players in the game, you may be surprised to learn the following little known facts…
- Xero was named a Tech Pioneer of 2016 placing second out of fifty major IT companies in Australia. Tech Pioneers are graded according to degree of innovation, customer experience, industry disruption and, most importantly, product performance. The Tech Pioneers 50 are companies using technology to drive disruption and Xero is paving the way.
- Forsyths are the first accounting firm in regional NSW, and the second in regional Australia, to achieve platinum status; to date, the status has only been reached by a handful of firms outside capital cities; two in Newcastle and one in Ballarat, Victoria.
- Xero has been called 'the Apple of accounting software.' They are committed to providing a quality user experience, pleasing aesthetics and intuitive design anyone can navigate. Their tagline is 'beautiful accounting software' which in a world of spreadsheets, databases and tables is definitely channeling Apple's motto of 'think different'.
- In 2016, Xero dominated MYOB, QuickBooks, Reckon and Quicken in Google search results gaining 50% more google hits then MYOB and 75% more search results than Quickbooks or Reckon! *Google Trends, 14/12/2016. View results here.
- Xero was founded ten years ago by our Kiwi neighbours. Whilst many tech start-ups originate in Silicon Valley, Xero's head office operates out of Wellington, New Zealand. Today, Xero employs over 1400 people worldwide.
- 80% of our accounting team are qualified 'Xero-certified' experts. Forsyths employ over 100 local people and we are proud of our commitment to quality, certified staff.
Call us on 02 676 3100 or email
Mark Slack-Smith is Principal of Forsyths Business Services in Tamworth, NSW and joined the firm in 2009. Mark holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Southern Queensland and is also a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.Originally from Moree, Mark looks after a wide range of clients ranging from primary producers to large retail and is passionate about helping people work on their business not just in it.